Thursday, December 29, 2011

Crap Mariner's 100 Word Story Challenge


Crap Mariner wrote:

The 100 word stories weekly challenge is where I post a topic to http://podcasting.isfullofcrap.com and then you write and record a story based on that topic. The topic of the next Weekly Challenge is Return Want to give it a shot? Send an email to isfullofcrap (at) gmail.com with the subject of WEEKLY CHALLENGE and the following: The text of your 100 word story on the topic. Your site's URL, if you have a site and aren't ashamed to share it. A topic for the next Weekly Challenge And, if you can, a recording of your story (and any shameless plugs) in MP3 format Everything's due by Saturday at midnight or so. If you can't or don't feel like recording your story, well, go ahead and send the text of the story in anyway. I'll have someone record it for you. Good luck, and as always, keep it brief.
Crap Mariner wrote:

100 Word Stories Weekly Challenge #295 This week's 100 Word Stories Weekly Challenge offers up a whole bunch of Christmas stories from SL's Tura Brezoianu, Whiskey Day, Solomon Sixpence, Botgirl Questi, NorvalJoe Parkin, Danny Dwyer, Uriel Wheeler (and son), IshtarAngel Micheline, and Crap Mariner... among others. You can listen via the website: http://podcasting.isfullofcrap.com And feel free to try your hand at 100 word storywriting with Challenge #297: "Return." Thanks, -ls/cm
Crap Mariner wrote:

A drabble is a story that is only 100 words long. A friend in college did a bunch of them, and I did a few about Abraham Lincoln in response. Then, "100 Words Or Les Nessman" came about, and a group of writers challenged themselves to write about a topic or write about Les Nessman. I recorded my stories, eventually creating a separate podcast feed and archive. Les Nessman came and went over the years, but mine kept going. I swore that I would write one a day until the day I die. Since I'm not dead, I'm still writing these things. On Sundays, I invite people to write their own stories on a posted theme and we call it The Weekly Challenge. To join in, either follow the instructions on the Weekly Challenge Topic post, or write me at isfullofcrap (at) gmail.com Finally, I perform the most recent stories live in Second Life on the Edloe sim at 5PM SLT (Pacific Time) on Wednesdays.

isfullofcrap (at) gmail.com
@100wordstories on Twitter

2 comments: